Let's talk about breast cancer.
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and this year we're encouraging organisations to go Pink For a Day to start the conversation around breast health and raise vital funds for breast cancer education, research and patient support. Breast cancer affects many New Zealanders. Nine women every day are diagnosed, so it's likely that someone in your workplace will be diagnosed with breast cancer, has had breast cancer in the past or is supporting someone with breast cancer. The right support can make a difference and there are a number of ways you can help. By taking part in Pink For a Day, you'll be raising vital funds and making sure your team have access to important breast health information.
We've put together a bunch of resources to make holding your own Pink For a Day as easy as possible, including -
- A Pink For a Day pack for the first 500 organisations that sign up (this includes posters, pink ribbons, a donation box, pink bunting and breast health stickers to put up in the office) to help make fundraising a breeze.
- Access to our Breast Health Sessions - you and your team will be able to register for a virtual education session with our Nurse Educators. We'll let everyone know how they're helping, cover breast health and education information and answer any questions you have.
- Resources including assets to share on social media and in newsletters to let your clients and customers know why you're supporting Breast Cancer Foundation NZ.
- Information for employers about supporting employees affected by breast cancer.
- Information about supporting a workmate affected by breast cancer.